Monday, July 14, 2008

A tale of two vacuums

Ever since we got here, we have been using a loaner vacuum and it really sucks (hahahahahaha, I crack myself up). I have been keeping my eyes peeled for one, especially since we moved on base and actually have carpet, but no luck. Today I was at the thrift store and saw a Hooverific blue beauty for $10. I toted it home and waited for Lloyd to come home so I could show it off. He was helping one of his friends move out today, so I wasn't super surprised to hear him come in a little early. I was surprised when he pulled in a sucktastic green machine, that he got for FREE. Drat! They are both nice looking vacuums, so we set up a test to decide which one we like best. The floor was unusually clean so we actually had to scatter sawdust (from the bird house construction) and cheerios all over the floor. I have some photos of Lloyd conducting the tests but the computer says there is something wrong with my camera cable. Very distressing.

What, you want to know who won? Okay, okay: they are both excellent vacuum cleaners and we decided to keep them both! You can never have too many vacuum cleaners, you know.

No comments: