Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On sharing

I am really impressed with how kind and caring and generous Weston can be. Not with the ponies, of course, or chocolate, but with other things: rutabagas, lima beans, toenail clipping, and shots. He's so eager to share with Shane! I must be a really good parent to instill such great values in him.

No, I am totally kidding. But he is such a sweet kid! He has a mouse nest that Grandpa and Grandma sent him, and he loves it. He says he is going to keep it until he finds some mice without a home, and then he will give it to them. And last night he was helping me make salad. He washed and spun the spinach, and then washed the cherry tomatoes and took the stems off. He left some in the container and when I told him to put them all in, he said we were saving those to share with people who didn't have any. It was so sweet it brought a tear to my eye. And then he pushed Shane down and ripped a truck out of his hands. And that's not the worst part. The worst part is the little teeny smirk and the evil glint in his eye.

1 comment:

Amanda Evans said...

I love the end of the story (where he was mean to Shane). it is all too classic "Toddler Boy"...ha!!!