Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Potty time

I recently got out Weston's old potty, because Shane has been deliberately peeing on the floor every time his diaper is off. It has been sitting in the hall outside the bathroom for several days and I have occasionally put him on it and gotten nothing for my efforts. Tonight, he had his diaper off and he walked over, lifted the lid, sat down and peed! Then Weston dumped the pee in the toilet and brought the little bucket back. Shane put it back in the seat and slammed the lid with a satisfying 'thunk'. He was very pleased with himself. Then, I put him on it later and he peed again! Then, just as I was feeling justifiably smug about my superior potty training skills, he pooped on the floor. Plop, plop, plop, just like Hansel and Gretel leaving a little trail to find their way back home. Hey, they should have thought of that; the birds never would have eaten that trail! Bread crumbs, how stupid!

No comments: