Monday, June 30, 2008

Cloth Diaper Party


Yesterday afternoon I went to a cloth diaper party. Some of you (and you know who you are!) laughed at me when I told you I was planning to go, so here is a photo and the post-party wrap-up for your amusement. There were eight people there, six of whom use cloth diapers already, and two people who want to start. Everyone brought some little beauties from their 'stash' to show off, and we got a snappi tutorial from the one mom who uses prefolds. Now, if you're thinking we're a little crazy, you'll love this: One of my diaper pals has been shopping on www.diaperswappers.com and she says there are people on there who buy diapers even though they have no diaper-wearing children, simply because they like them! Some of these people have spent thousands of dollars on diapers. Now, far be it from me to make fun of someone because they're, gasp, different than me, but these people are crazier than diaper pail rats! If you ask me. Which you didn't.

What now, you might ask? What could these zany folks possibly think up next? Well, my friend Amanda suggested a laundry soap party, so chortle away, people! We'll be laughing all the way to the bank while you push your limping, bloated shopping cart full of disposable diapers and laundry detergent to the supermarket checkout and give them enough of your hard-earned cash to keep me in coffee and wine for a year! And then where will you get your thrifting money, huh? Huh? Answer me that, people!

1 comment:

Doraville said...

I think we need to learn more about what these non-parental diaper buyers are up to with their purchases. Dad, not Carol.