Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Goods

I have been volunteering at the thrift store here on base for a while now; maybe about a year, because it's for charity, blah blah blah and it gladdens my heart to help those less fortunate I like to find giant bags of neat stuff for myself, the more the better!

But I haven't been for more than two weeks. It wasn't very fun the last couple of times, so I'm on strike. So far, no one has seemed to notice but soon the unsold inventory will start oozing out of the windows and they'll be begging me to take them back! In the meantime, I have seen some interesting effects:

1. I have saved a ton of money. Babysitting costs + thrift store budget = surprisingly large amount of cash retained.

2. The BX is infinitely more appealing. Is it because I simply must feed my shopping habit somehow, or because the BX goods are new to me because I didn't shop there as much prior to the thrift store strike? I don't know and I don't care! Look at my goodies! Huh, my picture won't post. Here, read my long-winded description:

Super cute black, silver and red Timex sports watch (15.95, purchased with my Mother's Day Gift of a BX gift card) and extremely cute red plastic egg carriers with handles, like you would use to take eggs camping(2.29 each). I have no idea why someone would want to take eggs camping; all you REALLY need is beer and puffed wheat. Oh, and meat to put on a stick, but they didn't have carriers for that.

I suppose, possibly, you might be wondering why I NEED those egg carriers. No? Oh well, I'm going to tell you anyway. They're for our upcoming trip to Seattle. One for each boy, for treats and little toys! Oh, and eggs. My brilliance knows no bounds, my friends.

No comments: