Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Moving on

I really appreciate all your supportive comments about 'Shafted'. I feel ever so much better, thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Spring has sprung here in Korea, and with it has gone my back. This picture is of my three new best friends:











This one shows how the living room looks because I can't bend down to pick anything up:

Actually that's a lie; it would probably look a lot like that anyway. But I wouldn't admit it, and I definitely wouldn't post a picture. I don't think the photo adequately shows all the filthy details, like the potato chip crumbs scattered willy-nilly over the carpet.



I have been taking any number of questionable shortcuts. Diaper changes are particularly challenging, even though I have temporarily succumbed to the siren's call of paper diapers. Shane does not enjoy being changed and it almost always requires coercion of some kind. Usually I try to play a game on the floor with him until I maneuver him into changing position. Yesterday, I bribed him with ice cream four times.

Fortunately, the boys have not yet figured out that they can do whatever they want on the floor and unless they are eating broken glass that has been dipped in cyanide, there is nothing whatsoever that I will do about it. Except maybe offer them ice cream to cut it out. And take a picture:



I'm not sure how long we can function like this, so let me know if you have any double-top secret remedies. I'll try anything once. Please hurry. They'll be on to me soon.

No comments: