Friday, March 6, 2009

Conversations with Weston: You can do it yesterday

Is it Friday yet? Oh, it is? Hurray! It has been a crazy week here at Osan, with much upheaval and bizarre happenings. Collective spring fever? Crazy pills in the water supply? I have no idea.

This morning, I heaved a massive sigh while cleaning up 23 lasagnas worth of parmesan cheese shreds off the floor, and this conversation ensued:

Weston: That sounded like a sad sigh.
Me: Well, not sad. Tired maybe.
Weston: Why?
Me: Oh, I have a lot of things to do and it makes me tired sometimes, just thinking about all of it.
Weston (shrugging and using an eminently reasonable tone): Well, you don't have to do all that stuff today. You could do some of it tomorrow, or yesterday. Or tomorrow yesterday. Then you wouldn't be so tired.

Now, why didn't I think of that? I should totally do it yesterday. In fact, I just did. Wow, that's like magic; you wouldn't believe how much more quickly things get done when you do them yesterday!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Oh yes, I do things yesterday all the time. It makes my days so much easier and stress-free!

Bonnie Kim said...

Hi Anna! It's Bonnie from Seattle who just moved here! Your blogs are amusing I must say! I think I live kind of close to you. I don't know much yet but on the subway map Osan is relatively close to me. I live in Yatap on the Bundang line. Know where that is?

Swistle said...

I am TOTALLY going to start doing this. In fact, I just did start doing this! Yesterday!