Monday, August 11, 2008

Communist Party

In a few weeks, we are going to be having a kids stuff swap party here at Osan. Everyone brings their outgrown bags of kids clothes, maternity clothes and overpriced gear and plastic toys. We set it all up and then everyone digs through everyone else's castoffs and goes home with bags of new, free goodies. It's a ton of fun and it's great to get new stuff, but it really irritates me I can't think of a better name for it than 'kids stuff swap party'. Really, how boring is that? And it's not even accurate. It's not really a 'swap'; it's more like communism. Each donates according to her assets, if you consider Gymboree, OshKosh and Fisher Price to be assets. And I do. And each takes according to her needs, if you consider TCP, Hanna and Melissa & Doug to be needs. And I do. That's classic Marxism, right? I feel like a real little dullard that a clever name is not on the tip of my tongue. So I turn to you , my faithful reader, or Dad, if you prefer: can you help me out with another name?

No comments: