Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend update

















































Happy Saturday! Here's a hodgepodge of updates, some with matching pictures:

I went to the flower market with a friend this morning, scouting for things we might want for the kids community garden we're building this spring. It was wonderful, warm and moist and lush-smelling. I got some herbs and a gorgeous red planter, and now I'm all ready to get some seeds started. I have some basil seeds I saved from last year and a few other things. The picture of the roses is from a bin at a flower stall- they were stacked up in piles, sorted by color.

Shane dumped a hot chocolate into the bottom of the stroller, so I was forced to take the basket and foot rest off the bottom so I could give it a desperately needed scrubbing. You would think it might unsnap easily, but no. It takes ten screws. I sort of like the way it looks without it, though- kind of like a stripped down hog, don't you think? Now I just need to get the kids some gnarly tatoos. 'Born to Whine', maybe.

Weston had a hard time going to sleep last night. He was 'frightened'. I asked him what he was frightened of, and the answer was, 'Monster dreams'. I asked him if he knew monsters weren't real, and he pointedly informed me that it was monsters he was frightened of, but monster dreams. I put up the 'No Monster Dreams Allowed' sign and it seemed to solve the problem. He closed his eyes and started mumbling, 'Now I'm dreaming about moon flowers and animals'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that a label, I see?! Your boys are so neatly organized in their bin :)