Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa comes to Korea


Well, Santa figured out how to get here, and we don't even have a chimney, so I don't know what's wrong with that stupid hummingbird!

I don't know if we'll be seeing 'Santa' much anymore either- I'm not really enthusiastic about the whole Santa thing, so I can't manage to expend any energy keeping up the subterfuge. Another year's worth of deductive reasoning skills and Santa will bite the dust, I'm pretty sure. It's too bad in a way, because like quadrillions of parents before me, I find that the threat of no presents from Santa is a great way to enforce compliance, for at least a few weeks in December.

Christmas in Korea was nice: lots of fabulous presents and then ham and waffles for breakfast. This afternoon, we go to a party at the new 'Corner's' house. Tomorrow, we plan to go to Everland. Shane isn't feeling great, so we'll see how it goes. Happy Holidays from Stories From Korea!

5 comments:

Helen said...

Merry Christmas! :0)

C Mike said...

When they come to realize there is no Santa Claus you just switch over to the "I'm no Santa" clause.

sara said...

Merry Christmas from Germany!

dae129 said...

Ok, Santa has to stick around for a few more years, because I told my sister how he might be skipping your house next year and she was horrified. Of course, she's a 34 year old woman who still believes in Santa herself...

Lisajoy said...

Merry Christmas! We find using Santa works for at least 6 weeks into the new year as well.