Monday, December 22, 2008

The hit of the holiday season


Today we found one of the coveted yellow slips in our mailbox. When we retrieved our package, it was a very intriguing, long, triangular shaped box. Its lengthiness prompted one of my friends to ask, in front of a very long line of package seekers, 'Is that your new stripper pole?'

She got me good, because I was too discombobulated to think up a clever response. Of course, now that it is several hours later, I can think of several. Here's my favorite:

'No, it's that extra long breast pump you said you needed.'

As it turned out, it WASN'T my new stripper pole, but a fantastic laminated space map for Weston from his good friend Miss Cheryl in South Dakota. He LOVES it and spent at least an hour poring over it tonight. There is a tremendous amount of information on it, and he was thrilled to see that it includes Charon, Pluto's biggest moon. Weston is fascinated with Charon and is disappointed when it is left out of books or pictures, as it often is. Thank you, Miss Cheryl!

4 comments:

aje196 said...

Lol, is all I can say :P

Helen said...

I was going to ask if it was Anna Jane who ratted you out.

aje196 said...

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em!

sara said...

You mean, you can get stripper poles shipped to APO addresses?

*ordering now*