Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm not a felon!

Happy Election Day! This morning, Shane and I went with my sister and her two kids to vote. Lloyd and I are unable to vote right now because residency complications have left us without a state that will send us ballots. So, Jennifer and Teddy went to vote, while Paloma, Shane and I got some treats at the bake sale. Then we wandered into the voting area and I was showing Paloma the booths. The lady at the desk asked me if we were voting or just looking, and I said, "Oh, I can't vote." She turned away and all the volunteers started clucking amongst themselves and acting all snooty. They were very rude, and I wanted to tell them to go serve a couple of years overseas and then tell me who is doing their part in service to the good old U.S of A. Before I could whip myself up into a froth of righteous indignation, Jennifer came out. When I told her about it, she said, "They think you're a felon! Why else wouldn't you be able to vote?"

No comments: