Thursday, July 2, 2009

Report

So, okay. I haven't REALLY been spending ALL my time at the thrift store, even though the thrift stores here are GLORIOUS. And, it is true that I am sore and aching all the damn time but it's probably not as a result of my strenuous shopping habit. Here's a fascinating more detailed rundown:

The raspberries here are ripe and we have been picking them to freeze. And eat: One for the freezer, one for my mouth. One for the freezer, two for my mouth. Weston and Shane have both quickly become accomplished raspberry pickers. The dog is also surprisingly adept at picking, though he is pretty stubborn about giving up his booty for the ziploc freezer bags.

We went to Remlinger Farms, which is a very nice little farm with a petting zoo, working train and kid-sized rides. The boys loved it. We have also been going to the park, the playground, the Target, the Starbucks and the wine store regularly. We have been traipsing around the countryside looking at real estate, and waiting for the Air Force to ream us yet again.

Today I took Weston to the movies with his cousin Paloma. We saw 'Madagascar 2', which was entirely ridiculous, even for a kids movie. While we were there, I saw the most shocking breach of parenting skills ever. A little tiny kid, maybe around two, stepped onto a down escalator, alone. He went down a couple of steps, turned around and started scrambling back up to the top, then tripped and fell on his face. About the time he got halfway down, still sprawled out on the ground, the rest of his family finally got on the escalator. There were two adults there, presumably his mother and father, and apparently neither of them was worried at all that he might be ground up in a giant metal conveyor belt of death. I try not to criticize other parents, because hello, I sometimes feed my kids butter on a fork and leave the same clothes on them for multiple days (no more than four, of course, I have substandards), but come on, people!

Finally, for my favorite heckler, the fabulous burnt orange cords are from my sister's swap party stash. The party isn't til Sunday but I got a sneak preview and I could hear them singing my name from their hefty bag home: 'Annnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we are deliciously snug yet compellingly baggggggggggggggggggggyyyyyyyyyyy. Put us on and have some beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......... You cannot resist ussssssssssssssssssss....'

And, they were right.

No comments: